Friday, March 5, 2010

Follow the Prophet: Verse 9

I am taking a hat with BYU/Utah on it for a child to wear "Now we're in a world where people are confused". (My husband reminded me to clarify that choosing one school over the other isn't necessarily "Following the Prophet". Oi vey.)

A second child will hold the Sunday newspaper for "if you don't believe me, go and watch the news".

The third child will hold the compass for "we can get direction all along our way"

The fourth child will hold a picture of Pres. Monson. on the last line "if we heed the Prophets, follow what they say".

3 comments:

Emily said...

i'm sooo glad i found your blog. i just got called to be the primary music leader and i am TERRIFIED!! while i've been musical my whole life, i am not creative or have an ounce of artistic ability in my body! i've always felt majorly lacking in that department. and so much of this calling is that! so i'm scared. i hope that you don't mind if (at least at first) i use some of your ideas. i need help!!

Unknown said...

Emily, you are too cute! I'm sure you are FAR better than you give yourself credit:) This is truly my favorite calling (I know, we say that with all of them!) My best advice is two-fold. 1. Don't take yourself (or the kids) too seriously, keep it light 2. Make your #1 goal each and every week to help the kids feel the Spirit. You can't lose! Good luck and I'm happy to help in ANY way, just ask!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have seen your Blog. I was looking for an idea for tomorrows singing time and found the 9th verse idea to Follow the prophet! Thank you...it is simple and just what I needed! Thanks again! KT